2. New swimwear should be washed separately until the excess dye is removed. Normally it will take two washes to remove all of the excess die from a quality swimsuit.
3. It is always best to use a mild liquid soap that will neutralize any residual chemicals on the suit. NEVER use Woolite or Bleach, in both cases the chemicals will destroy the elasticity and seams in the suit.
4. Removing the excess water from your suit can be done by gently squeezing the suit in your hands, "Do Not Twisty the Suit. Rolling your swimsuit in a clean, fade resistant towel and squeezing will remove the last bit of moisture from your suit... Don't leave your suit rolled up in a wet towel on the floor in a pile or in a travel bag wet, the moisture will destroy the protective coating on the fibres in your suit not to mention the mildew foul smell.
5. Always hand wash your swimwear. Do not use washing machines or dryers. Never use an iron.
6. Hot tubs, swimming pools, salt water pools etc. are by far the worst environment for your swimsuit. With this said however they are a part of our lives. Make sure you fully rinse and dry your suit after each exposure to these harsh conditions.
Making Your Suit Last
Avoid harmful effects of chemicals.
- Chlorine found in pools
- Chemicals used in hot
- Extended exposure to salt water
- Choose a fabric that is treated for chlorine resistance.
- Rinse off after exiting the pool or ocean.
- Do not allow the sun dry your un-rinsed suit.
- Sunlight can fade your suit
- Concrete pools and wooden lawn furniture are notorious for snagging suits
- Sun tan oils are especially degenerative to swimwear.
- Always hand wash your suit in cool water, wring it out gently and lay it flat to dry.
Shop for the Latest Swimwear Fashions At Tropical Beach Swimwear and Fashion
Since 1984 Tropical Beach Swimwear & Fashion has been dedicated to giving the highest quality product at the most competitive cost. Whether you are preparing for a much needed, long awaited tropical vacation, planning for a week at the cottage, or relaxing around the pool at home with friends and family we have what you need. We carry swimsuits, cover ups, and clothing for all occasions. Whatever your body shape, whatever your needs, we can put you in the bathing suit of your dreams.
To view our complete line of swimwear, cruise wear, resort wear, dresses and nightwear
Visit Tropical Beach Swimwear & Fashion Today: